Julep's Florentina Duochrome Manicure



Florentina - Classic with a Twist


This is a manicure featuring the nail polish called Florentina from Julep. It came in Julep's Subscription Box for August. It's a flame red duochrome nail polish from the Classic with a Twist collection. The above photo was taken outside in direct sunlight. It changes color from dark red to more of an orange red matching a beautiful fall leaf. I'm really in the mood for fall, so I was anxious to wear this one now. It's the perfect fall nail polish color. This polish goes on a bit thick, so be sure to brush off some of the polish prior to applying it to the nail. It goes on opaque in one coat, but I like to apply a second coat in case there are any light spots. I used two coats of Orly's Bonder as my base, so that the nail polish would last a long time without chipping. I prefer Perfect Formula's Manicure Booster, but I'm currently out of it and it more than twice the price. It definitely works better though. I then applied two coats of Florentina and then one coat of Seche Vite's Top Coat. Seche Vite's top coat has such a reflective sheen, dries so quickly and it helps prevent chipping. It's been a day now and I'm having a bit of tip wear on a couple of the nails. It may be due to my top coat which rarely causes a bit of shrinkage. This nail polish is so reflective that in person you can almost see what is reflecting on the nails. It's a really pretty color and it has a dramatic appearance. I highly recommend this nail polish color.

I have over eighty manicures featured on this blog. Check them all out on my Pinterest Manicure Board. When you see one you like, just click on the photo and it will take you to the matching blog post. I invite you to follow my blog via InstagramPinterestTwitterGoogle +Bloglovin'Networked Blogs and Zomato. Also, be sure to browse around my blog since I'm sure you'll find something else that interests you.

If you haven't tried out Julep nail polish yet, give their subscription box a try today since you'll receive a twelve piece nail polish collection for free, link below! 

Bargain Alert:  


Share this blog post via Twitter and Facebook:

Have a PEACEful Day!


No comments